Search the forum,

Discuss Danesmore 15/19 circa 1996 no power at coil/solenoid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mpph

My first post on here,

Been to a breakdown coil/solenoid not opening pump.

Tested not power to coil.

Tested coil lead, OK.

Tested photocell faulty replaced.

Still no power at coil.

Changed control box with newer 830.3 from a 830b still nothing.

Getting a replacement control box tomorrow as I'm suspicious of my replacement.

Any ideas besides what I've done.

When the burner is starting the fan & the electrodes are running just no power to the coil??

Thanks

Murray

I keep it simple if possible, photocell is normal culprit for faults, if fan runs and electrode or working, then no fuel getting through so pop in a solenoid/stem first as its easy to do, then if that fails out with the meter and go fm there and look at control box which I find to be fairly reliable and least likely culprits but thats just my thoughts, many more experienced folk out there

Thanks for your thoughts, I poped a spare working photocell on and didn't respond. Getting a replacement control box tomorrow & see what happens. Not much it can be I'm pretty sure. Thanks Murray

You could have wired the coil to power inside control box to check if burner starts, just to test all.

On faults with burners other than Riello, I usually think Danfoss solenoid first, then Control box, Danfoss transformer in that sort of order, but depending on what burner is or isn't doing.
See quite a few of those Satronic boxes failing nowadays.

Check all wires and connections inside box

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts so far.

Went back with new photo cell & control box,

Now have fuel and no bloody spark.

Back tomorrow with a new transformer. Can't belive that all 3 have failed at once do you think the control box fault caused damage to the transformer & photocell?

Thanks again

Murray

Control box faulty on them can damage the transformer. Needs both parts replaced.
It's a very well known problem with the Satronic boxes.
You really shouldn't be going to boilers without the spare parts if you are an oil engineer.
No offence, but you will waste a lot of time going back and forth and not having new parts to test will still leave doubt.

If you've got spares, sometimes it's easier to try a new control box before you start fiddling about trying multimeters on things. Remember if an ignition coil has failed, it's probably because a relay on a control unit has stuck closed. If that's the case and you change the ignition coil without changing the control unit, the customer will ring you in a few days to tell you that the new coil has also failed.

After replacing control boxes or transformers I listen carefully to the burners start up cycle to see if the ignition clicks off.

Thanks for all the advice, the transformer was also fault. Looks like the control box knock a few of them out. I'm constantly adding to my spares on the van got more riello stiff on board as when I have a fault I usually pick up two of the parts etc I need to then have a spare on the van. Cheers Murray

For Riello RDB, all you usually need are spare photocells, a motor, and pump. The most common faulire in my experience is the photocells. I carry a complete working RDB burner and if I need parts, I take them off, then replace them with new on the next order, therefore you always have a replacement burner, or parts available. Always worth hanging onto any burners you take out to raid for parts in emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Danesmore 15/19 circa 1996 no power at coil/solenoid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m a Rayburn engineer & I’m clutching at straws with a problematic cooker! I got called to a Customers house as their previous engineer has now washed his hands of the job … the fault is the cooker side will go through it’s prevent sequence, the burner will fire up but as soon as the...
Replies
Views
Boilers been running fine since its last service in March but it went to lockout so I removed the front panel and found that the water pressure was just about zero. I filled it up to 1bar and pressed the reset button and she fired up OK but I noticed that the water pressure was rising a lot more...
Replies
Views
Nightmare.. Hi guys need advice. Went to service a friends boiler that hasn't been service in years... He has cleaned out the heat exchanger from time to time but that's all. The boiler was working fine. So I started out cleaning the heat exchanger which was clean.. the replaced a new nozzel...
Replies
Views
Hi, Grant Vortex outdoor boiler with RDB 2.2 burner. Intermittent lockout is occuring. Starts from cold always, but stops running after a couple of hours (house is still calling for heat). The burner stops, sits idle for a period then attempts restart. Sometimes it restarts, sometimes not...
Replies
Views
Hello all you great and good people... I do hope I can find a little help with this inoperative boiler. Its my boiler but the wife loves it too...when it's working. Thursday morning no central heating on! No hot water! Boiler locked out...I reset it and it fired up. Different tone coming from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock