Discuss Damage to bedroom when working in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sag

Fully stripped out a bathroom including hacking all mortar off walls (had to as too tight to dot & dab as shower enclosure right up to door). Go into bedroom to bleed rad and notice wall has blown presumably due to hacking of mortar in bedroom.

Needs hacking off, patching up and painting.

How would you deal with this? Would you offer to put it right? Knock something off your price? Tell them it's not your problem as you had no choice but to hack off mortar in bathroom?

Am meeting customer tomorrow to discuss it.

If it was definitely down to you then you should sort it imho, however if it was hanging off the wall already then they can stroll on.

if you warned them it might happen before and said it wouldn't be you who was liable, you're not liable

if you didn't, you're liable.

Happenen to me once popped a load of nail heads the other side of the plasterboard wall I was stripping off just got it reskimmed when the bathroom was done

What would you expect if it happened in your house?

Apologise, and put it right.

What would you expect if it happened in your house?

Apologise, and put it right.

That's what I was thinking. Just thought I'd see what others though.

As to the state of it prior to us doing the work, couldn't say as only went in that room to bleed rad. But looks slound elsewhere so most likely us.

Gutted as job was supposed to be finished today!

If its just the nail heads, knock back in, put in some drywall screws and polyfilla over dinks.

ask customer, I had this once, door had massive hole in it, thought I had put another door through it, was worrying all day, customer came back and said her son had done it months ago!!

Thanks, will see him tomorrow. Been stressing all day about it. It is what it is, I just hope he's reasonable about it seeing as I'm going to be reasonable and put it right.

If you've done it put it right or come to an agreement and don't quibble over it.

If he recommends you and he says
"he did a great job doing X job but this Y happend yet he put it right without hesitation"

thats reassuring to who he recommends you too.
every cloud has a silver lining :)

If you've done it put it right or come to an agreement and don't quibble over it.

If he recommends you and he says
"he did a great job doing X job but this Y happend yet he put it right without hesitation"

thats reassuring to who he recommends you too.
every cloud has a silver lining :)

Very true.

As KB says the goodwill you can generate by dealing with this quickly and graciously will far outweigh the temporary expense.

Met him, he was okay(ish) about it I suppose. Now to get the plasterer in.

Things happen you've done the right thing so the bloke shouldn't have a problem with it, if he does the he's a banker :)

Put it right mate, its easy enough, it's happened to me but luckily I can plaster.

If he gets arr see about it just tell him your sorry and you wished you had traveled back in time to the day the wall was build and got the builder to make it alittle strong against vibrations and got the plasterer to check his mix was correct. I've seen cracks and things fail in new builds when drilling, stuff happens, dogs bark, cats go moo.

Try sorting the solution out where you have knocked a hole through the wall of an adjoining property.
Count yourself lucky it was the same property.
I'm sorting out this situation at the moment - try dealing with 2 property owners.

Try sorting the solution out where you have knocked a hole through the wall of an adjoining property.
I'm sorting out this situation at the moment - try dealing with 2 property owners.

I feel for you. Dealing with one customer at a time is hard enough at times!

How the hell did you mange that ??? :)

you flaming galah!!

Lost your bearings in a mid terraced house and cored through the wrong wall??

Go outside to find new hole and cant find it and then get that sinking feeling.....

Lost your bearings in a mid terraced house and cored through the wrong wall??

Go outside to find new hole and cant find it and then get that sinking feeling.....

youve done it phil haven't you?! Share it with the group!

youve done it phil haven't you?! Share it with the group!

Ha ha not me...I think I heard it on Screwfix forums.
Also a guy on there did a similar thing and drilled into next doors sleeping cat at skirting board level butnot sure I believe this though as cat would of run a mile before the SDS was half way through.

The wall that is!

Ha ha not me...I think I heard it on Screwfix forums.
Also a guy on there did a similar thing and drilled into next doors sleeping cat at skirting board level butnot sure I believe this though as cat would of run a mile before the SDS was half way through.

The wall that is!

haha it it makes a great story tho.

you flaming galah!!

The situation is not as it may seem!!

The neighbouring property, decided that they would renovate and extend their bathroom by claiming the width of the wall and the cavity to install their vanity unit and shaving cabinet.
Unfortunately the property I was working in decided to renovate their bathroom.
Between the brick walls is where the services are located. I removed some bricks to gain access to the cavity to re-run hot and cold water.
Alas, there was no cavity, due to the neighbours aquisition of it.
I unfortunately ruined their recessed vanity unit, recessed shaving cabinet and their recessed mirror, amongst other things.

Beautiful situation..I will keep you informed as to the outcome.

The situation is not as it may seem!!

The neighbouring property, decided that they would renovate and extend their bathroom by claiming the width of the wall and the cavity to install their vanity unit and shaving cabinet.
Unfortunately the property I was working in decided to renovate their bathroom.
Between the brick walls is where the services are located. I removed some bricks to gain access to the cavity to re-run hot and cold water.
Alas, there was no cavity, due to the neighbours aquisition of it.
I unfortunately ruined their recessed vanity unit, recessed shaving cabinet and their recessed mirror, amongst other things.

Beautiful situation..I will keep you informed as to the outcome.

Would be a hell of a shock to open the mirrored door to grab some floss and see next doors plumber stood there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Damage to bedroom when working in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I am hoping that you can give us some advice. We're in the UK, and have contracted a company to completely refit the first floor...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I 'think' I've found a cheap solution to fulfilling all of my family's heat automation needs using Terrier i30 TRVs (eTRVs that have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi there, I'm having a bathroom remodel. It would be appreciated to get some expert advice. Plumber ripped out existing bathroom and most of the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m doing a DIY bathroom job and would be very grateful for some advice. The bathroom is in a 2nd floor flat in a converted Victorian...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock