Search the forum,

Discuss "Daikin" Air Pump low temperature Central Heating System-Switch Off ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Border Collie

Recently I had a "Daikin" Altherma 7kw Air Pump low temperature Electric Central Heating System installed in our 3 bedroomed bungalow, to replace our former "Charnwood" multi-fuel stove system. There are 8 radiators.

Can I say that I am EXTREMELY happy with the System- we have gone from spending £26 a week on solid fuel alone, to just £16 weekly for the Central Heating, hot water, AND for the electricity needed for the normal running of our house.

It helps that we are on "EDF's" Economy 10 tariff, with cheap rate on every day, 04.30 to 07.30, 13.00 to 16.00, and 20.30 to 00.30.

Unfortunately, the Hydrobox was installed in our roof loft, with access only through a roof hatch which we have no access to.

My problem is- We go away for up to 7-10 days at a time, and I notice that there is no facility on the Programmable Thermostat Control (a "Danfoss" TP5000 Si) for us to turn the Central Heating completely OFF whilst we are away, nor can we turn the Hot Water Heating OFF, in order to save energy and of course, money.

The only way I can turn everything off, is to trip the AC Mains Circuit Breaker Fuses, in the main fuse box which is located in our kitchen- 1 trip switch for the Hydrobox, the 2nd for the outside Heat Pump, then turn them both back on, when we return.

I'm worried if I do this- say I'm on holiday and away from our bungalow for 8 days, and trip both switches when we depart- on return, if we turn both switches back on at the main Fuse Box, will the System, especially the Hydrobox, lose all it's settings ??

The "Danfoss" Programmable Thermostat, does have battery back-up which will retain its settings for a considerable time, but does the Hydrobox retain its settings too?

If anyone knows if this is safe for me to do (or not), I would appreciate some advice- even if I can temporary cancel the daily Central Heating programmes whilst we are away. (We use 5/2, 6 cycles daily) ...and how can we turn the hot water heating off??

Thanks in advance for any advice
Dave Grieve, Dumfries, Scotland.

Thanks, but I've looked through the entire instruction booklet, including Advanced and User sections, and there seems to be nothing for holidays or turning off-??

Press the ^ and V buttons simultaneously.
A snowflake sign will appear. It is now in frost setting mode. You can leave it at that or press V once and off will appear.
To turn it back on press ^ and V again

Dave I would get yourself a controller with an off mode on it for the heating. The bottom right hand button that has a shower symbol will turn the hot water on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "Daikin" Air Pump low temperature Central Heating System-Switch Off ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock