Discuss Dab or grundfos pumps in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Is there much difference between the two makes with looking at a domestic central heating pump. Thanks

Grundfos for me.

We always use them and I can count on one hand the number of issues we have had with them, over a very long period of time.

Can't comment on DAB.
Wilo are OK
Myson OK.

If changing out the circ pump make a note of its make/model and setting before buying new pump and buy one with settings that closest matches your own especially if a open vented system as this seemingly simple change often causes a lot of grief with vent pump over etc, not as important with a sealed system but still no harm to have a look.

There should be some sort of trend now re replacement from installers as these A rated pumps are around for maybe 8 years or so, I installed a 6M Wilo Yonos Pico almost 2 years ago simply out of interest to replace a 18 year old perfectly silent running Salmson NYL33 which I will re install if/when the Wilo packs up.

Grundfos nowhere near as good as used to be. But to be brutally honest, what is these days?
You sound as fed up with the modern world as I do.
There is a drop in quality in most things, no doubt about that.
Since the additional electronics (which reduce the life span, reliability and increase the cost of manufacture, whilst saving relatively rock all in running costs) appeared, most things are unnecessarily over complicated........in my opinion.

You sound as fed up with the modern world as I do.
There is a drop in quality in most things, no doubt about that.
Since the additional electronics (which reduce the life span, reliability and increase the cost of manufacture, whilst saving relatively rock all in running costs) appeared, most things are unnecessarily over complicated....in my opinion.

A little fed up.

But it goes back to the days when your car wouldn't start and you could lift the bonnet, pop the distributor cap, adjust the points, wipe the condensation off the cap, put it back together and away you went.

Now its into the garage and plugged into the laptop. Takes away skills and to some degree job satisfaction.
That's why I like oil boilers and just listening to it or smelling the flue gas can tell you what's wrong.

Is that the hovis theme tune playing in the background!

A little fed up.

But it goes back to the days when your car wouldn't start and you could lift the bonnet, pop the distributor cap, adjust the points, wipe the condensation off the cap, put it back together and away you went.

Now its into the garage and plugged into the laptop. Takes away skills and to some degree job satisfaction.
That's why I like oil boilers and just listening to it or smelling the flue gas can tell you what's wrong.

Is that the hovis theme tune playing in the background!

Yeh its really noticeable with vehicles, used to have a Bedford TK horsebox (and a converted fire engine before that which was sadly stolen) the 300cui diesel engine was a dream to work on, did so much mechanical work on it as it had been left in a field for a decade, but with a service manual and a bit of patience there really wasn't anything that you couldn't fix yourself. Considering it was almost 50years old and hadn't been looked after for a big chunk of its life it was amazingly reliable. Had to sell it recently sadly but know it will live on for decades.

I also hate the move towards just scrapping things rather than fixing them, which goes hand to hand with the built in obsolescence which seems integral to so many business models these days.

Reply to Dab or grundfos pumps in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I note that the Grundfos Alpha 2 requires a special plug to connect the electric wiring. Are those plugs reusable if rewiring is needed...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old Combi boiler for which the heating has stopped working. The hot water is fine, and I think I've isolated the problem to the...
Replies
Views
Morning. Looking at installing a DAB Esybox however space at a premium. Thinking of installing a break tank in the loft (above first floor) rather...
Replies
Views
Got fd code on Ideal Logic Heat 15. Had two plumbers out and no joy. It’s had a new water flow sensor, flush with sentinel x800 and refurbished...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock