Discuss cwst keeps refilling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigben

I am not very technical so forgive me if I am vague.

The CWST in the attic keeps refilling despite no water being used. water is flowing into it continually. the overflow is not leaking and the ball valve has been replaced. I cannot see any obvious leak. This has been happening for some time. Any help gratefully received

must be a leak someware then?

have a look behind bath panel & behind the sink unit sometimes leaks can just run away under the floor

Has been doing this for about 6 months and no sign of leak. With this type of system could leak be in heating pipes or just hot and cold water pipes

Is it refilling via the ball valve? If not it could be a faulty mixer valve most likely a shower valve passing into the hot water system and subsequently filling the cold tank. If it is not that then the only other thing it can be is a split cylinder coil.

Checks you can do yourself:

If the expansion tank is not above the cold water tank it can't be the coil.

Turn off the mains open the cold tap in the kitchen and leave over night. Check the water level in both your expansion tank and CWST if the exp is above that is. If the expansion tank is empty your coil is gone if it is ok it's most likely a passing into the hot mixer.

does the tank feed the cold to the bathroom? do you have an internal overflow toilet?

It is refilling by the ball valve. we have just had new cylinder fitted and problem is still occurring. No wc fitted as we are getting renovations done. Mains feed to taps in bathroom. In addition new immersion heater will only give minimal amt of hot water

Thanks to all. Found a leak in hot water pipes. problem now solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cwst keeps refilling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock