Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cutting grout out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So I have a job where grout needs cutting out as well as silicone

Not a problem, done plenty.

Customer only want 3 tile height cut out & regrouted rather then whole shower cubicle.

The only question I have is has anyone had any issues with old & new grout meeting & bonding? I haven't but just interested to know.

The shower cubicle is leaking like a sieve and I can see plenty hairlines in grout plus silicone is sparodic with bits missing.

Cheers

If the grout is cracked/leaking then water has probably got behind tiles and loosened them or knackered the wall or board so may need more than they expect

The tiles all look good, nothing loose, should be ok. I think it's the silicone that's the main issue.

When applying new silicone try and get yourself a fugi its the only way to seal baths and showers after grouting good luck.

Check there's no movement in the tray before you start if the customer is a fit young thing perhaps she can help you explore this together.....lol regards Turnpin:rofl:

A badly put in tray can be real tough to fix. Might well be that plasterboard behind them tiles is knackered too. Plenty of enthusiasts leave a gap you can put finger through between tiles and tray then rely on silicone to seal.

if the water is behind the tiles and the plasterboard wasnt tanked, you may have to replace more than the grout

So I have a job where grout needs cutting out as well as silicone

Not a problem, done plenty.

Customer only want 3 tile height cut out & regrouted rather then whole shower cubicle.

The only question I have is has anyone had any issues with old & new grout meeting & bonding? I haven't but just interested to know.

The shower cubicle is leaking like a sieve and I can see plenty hairlines in grout plus silicone is sparodic with bits missing.

Cheers

I've never had a problem with old and new meeting up, just usually the colours different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cutting grout out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
We have this boiler installed and it's started to give issues. The service was done and passed ok. But only as there was no noise for the guy to...
Replies
Views
Me again. This turning out to be a nightmare from hell this bathroom. Your help do far has been invaluable. So, the next issue is one that I may...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock