Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting copper pipe against wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i need to make a tee section in a copper pipe for new hot/cold runs, however the pipes are against the wall and i cant get my pipe cutter all the way round. What's the best course of action?

See pic attached.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 93
Grinder with one of these
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/titan-...tracking url&gclid=CIC-0M7r4tECFQs4GwodfRkF1A

Grinder with one of these
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/titan-...tracking url&gclid=CIC-0M7r4tECFQs4GwodfRkF1A

Anyone remember or use the Rothenburger tool that would form a tee in copper pipe ??

Re. Rothenberger branch former. I've used the REMS one, but only very occasionally. Also the branch needs to be brazed in, not soft soldered, and that close to a wall the extra temperature would a) scorch the wall, b) probably wreck the joints below.

Could use a wire hacksaw like Silverline Wire Hand Saw 330mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cutting copper pipe against wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm running copper pipework for my new bathroom and there's a spot about the isolation valve which is really tight because everything has to fit behind the wall until it can run under the bath and there wasn't much space as there's a sink there too. Made a silly mistake with the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock