Discuss Cutting Barrel Steel Pipework For new cylinder in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I deal with this all the time. I wouldn’t use primofits unless zero other options.

Unwind from a joint and convert. It’s no particularly difficult but old steel does break and you need a back up plan, just in case.

Here’s one I found last week while replacing a bath for shower. Steel pipe rusting from the outside. Had to dig out back to a joint and replace.

757395A8-245B-432E-B486-5C7D96B8F2BA.jpeg
797C7AB5-A098-4001-9483-2648BD435BF0.jpeg

Out of interest, what area of London are you?

Attachments

• 8780BCCD-13F7-45D6-9004-982DE3C81035.jpeg
    8780BCCD-13F7-45D6-9004-982DE3C81035.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 8
Yes the above is def steel barrell pipe - Want to say thank you to this forum - I managed to angle grind the cylinder out and then blow torch the connectors and they came out easily! Was amazed.

Have now bought a fittings to convert to copper and could not have done it without the immense knowledge on this forum.

I am in finchley - Now need to find someone to install a vented indirect cylinder - That certainly looks and sounds easier then messing with barrel pipework

Reply to Cutting Barrel Steel Pipework For new cylinder in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back