Discuss Customers Neighbour. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marples

My supervisor had me knocking out the cement round a flue this morning around 09:00-09:30. As i was chiselling away at the cement, the next door neighbour popper her head out of the window saying; "I wondered what the :nono: that was, can you not do that as i my son is in bed and is only a year old and his bedroom is not too far from from you"
I've never had someone complain to me and being an apprentice i didn't know what to say so i came out with "I'm sorry but there is nothing i can do, this job needs to be done"
then she says "you :nono::nono:head" and slams window shut.

Anyone had a problem like this or know of the best solution?
the job had to be done there and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all about the timing drippy!

Couldn't agree more.
Had the leccy guys out front of my house this morning, 4 knocking the crap out of the pavement and 4 sparks in vans waiting on the first four exposing the cables or whatever. It was freezing cold.
I shouted " Anyone want a cup of tea or coffee."...worked stopped and van doors opened.
Lucky I had 8 mugs.
Oh and they all had tea: 7 with one sugar and the other with two sugars.
My apologies to all forum members for dosing 4 sparks with a nice mug of Yorkshire Tea. In my defence, the 4 road diggers badly needed a cuppa.

Last edited:
got paid cash today for a big extension, as the owner handed it over, he mentioned I'd cleared him out so the sparkie would have to wait until next week, gave the sparks a cheery wave as I left :)

Well call me old fashioned but had I caught any of my guys talking about customers or clients as we called them in this way they would be looking for another job ?
They pay you as much as some seem to think they are a pain and at times yes they are but in effect they are your boss ?

Well call me old fashioned but had I caught any of my guys talking about customers or clients as we called them in this way they would be looking for another job ?
They pay you as much as some seem to think they are a pain and at times yes they are but in effect they are your boss ?

Haha my boss is sitting on the sofa next to me. Customers are a means to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customers Neighbour. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back