Discuss credit where credit's due.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnpin

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Lot's of negative press about the NHS.......and I personally can recall chapter and verse on the issue.....but have to give credit to the Staff ..Nurses....Surgeon and ancilliary staff at The King George Hospital at Goodmayes Essex who looked after the Mrs earlier this week after some serious hand surgery A Big thank you to one and all......Best regards Turnpin:46:

I definitely wouldn't knock them. Looked after me sharpish when I had a shadow on my lung.

Same with me, - the NHS is not able to look after people the way it should, but I have been treated very well every time I have been in hospital with a few scares.

Last edited:
Mum's in at the moment, connected to all manner of machines that go ping. She has a nurse with her monitoring her 24/7.

Hats off to the NHS.

It's about the only remaining thing still going strong that makes this Country Great.

I start a 3 month winter placement at a leading London Hospital tomorrow, Nice and warm in the boiler house, lots of leaks though, those tiny weeps that take hours to sort out as it all needs to be stripped down, cleaned and reassembled.

Worked in a Devon hospital a while back, top heavy with bureaucracy. Trying to save money but in the wrong way. Turning half the hot water system off! Then wondering why struggling to maintain correct temperature. I could go on, but I won't. Nobody seems to take ownership anymore! Staff are hard working and have a sense of duty. I wish it would be a claim free zone, so they could concentrate on the patient's.

Couldn't agree more ! Looking forward to making a contribution, I hope it's better than the last hospital I worked in, I lasted 3 days, the Facilities/Estates/Engineering dept was a shambles out-sourced to a global corporation.

The mind boggles at the cronyism I witnessed, clueless 20 year old supervisors and a lick-spittle of an account manger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to credit where credit's due.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock