Currently reading:
Cp12 gsr

Discuss Cp12 gsr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edy

Hi , i am doing my gas portfolio with a prominent company, having been out with one of there gas engineers to do a landlord cert CP12 on a combi boiler , i was told by him that a gas rate or operating pressure need NOT to be taken as a CPA is all that was needed , but in the GSR 26 . 9 ( 9 ) it says , where a person performs "work" on a gas appliance he shall immediately thereafter examine , its operating pressure or heat input or , where necessary both; is doing a landlord cert on a combi classed as "work" under GSR ? i take it , it is .

MFIs are the most important documents to read, then its down to the individuals own sense of well being, ie cqn you live with a suck and look or do you follow the gsr's. Once BG get their own way the regs will probably catch up with the analysers abilty to prove a modern boiler is burning ok

The question for the O.P to ask themselves to get the answer is;

Is just carrying out a CP12 likely to be classed as "Work" on an appliance ?

I beleive people will have a different view on whether it is.

Last edited:
Don't most cp12 sheets require you to write down input in kW bp or input pressure? Hope he did a tightness test? Checked the effectiveness of the flue system?

Hi thanks for your reply , yes tightness test was done and passed , the boiler was a main 24he so in heat input box all he put was 24kw and it did pass the cpa

I'm not an engineer and I don't know what it says on the form that you fill out (which may or may not be called CP12) or how to do any of those things.
but I do have a paper copy of the Gas Regulations to hand.
For the annual gas safety inspection required by a landlord see reg 36 (9)
Edy is correct:
it must include a to d of Reg 26(9).

Your engineer is wrong, gas rate or BP must be done, it's how you approach telling him he's wrong will determine how you get on with him haha

The gas safety (installation & use) regulations are top of the tree and must be complied with. 26(9) checks are a minimum and come above MI's and everything else.

Ohh on the contrary! Clean your adjustable and remove all the paste and residue from the thumb screw and add a drop of 3 in 1 and it's like new. Do you never clean guide and former on your benders with wool and wd40? Or clean the rollers in your pipe slices? Bet you haven't ever brushed a file clean?

Oh I'm very religious. "Oh God what does she want now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cp12 gsr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back