Search the forum,

Discuss couple of questions on underfloor heating design in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phil111188

First of all with this being my first post il start by saying hi to everyone and tell you a bit about me.

My names phil and im 23 years old and up until around march this year i had been in a steady job with a local company for around 5 years installing mainly heating systems from standard combi's and radiators to air and ground source heat pumps. And slightly further out of my usual scope towards the end even photovoltaic panels on the government scheme.

It was a very good company and i feel like i learnt a lot, however with the recession work went very quiet and in the end i had to leave in order to find work. After some thought and quite a few at the time side jobs coming in i decided to go self employed and so far it couldnt have gone much better. The biggest challange of going solo i have found is actually planning and designing the systems for jobs, which i must admit i have enjoyed and it can only be beneficial to my further development.

Anyway the reason for this post is that i have installed a fair few underfloor heating systems with my previous company. Some under a screeded floor and some underfloorboards , however ive never installed above the floorboards with the floor level to be raised afterwards. I have recently been given the biggest job since i went self employed a very large 5 bedroom detached property with underfloor heating required throughtout both upstairs and down, boiler and unvented cylinder and 2 bathrooms so i want this to go well as it could lead to further work with the customer.

I just want to know with regard to the underfloor heating pipes being laid above floorboard level is it just a case of laying the insulation above the boards and securing the underfloor heating pipes to this and then a suitable floor being laid above ? and also with the system being on 2 floor levels do both manifolds require a 2 port zone valve ?

thanks for anybody whos taken the time to read all this

you need to consult the mi's for the system your planing on installing ive seen one job done this way that used thin insulation and 10mm pipe

cheers steve i was thinking it best to contact the manufacturer just wondered if any1 had any experience of this

Pic your manu for the gear and they will design and spec everything for free. That way if there is any comeback it is not to you.

so for anyone that is interested i contacted the manufacturers through the merchants i use and they came back with the design and what not , and advised me about a board that is pre cut out that simply sits on the floor boards with no need for insulation as this board acts as that also. Ive never seen this but its perfect for this job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to couple of questions on underfloor heating design in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock