Discuss Could anyone recommend a pressure testing pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobb

Could anyone recommend a pressure testing pump and what size for domestic use? and explain how you use it?
Many thanks Bobb

rothenberger do 3 or 4 diffrent models depending on how it will be used. what are you testing?

Thanks for geting back so quick! on new build and extensions the heating pipe work hot and cold dry pipe work and under floor heating, i want to test them before the bulders put the floor down as i cant fill any pipes yet to test, the jobs are never any bigger than 4 to ten bedroom houses.
Many thanks
Bobb

fill it up with water mate ,as is new build what have you got to worry about ??????????

i trust my soldering i just dont trust the builders all Eastern Europeans moody lot

I think you have to fill and test with water especially on underfloor!

If you are using plastic then follow the manufactures instructions for pressure and duration. Its normally 1.5 times working pressure for an hour but they are all different. for example i think JG Speedfit is 10bar for an hour, Polyfit/Polyplumb is 18bar for 15mins.

The best way to perform the test is to test everything together (excluding underfloor and gas), in A/C or at boiler position make a manifold joining all the circuits together including the tester. then using push fit caps and fittings you need to cap and link all the ends of your pipework. For example link together the furthest runs to make sure you get water circulating around the pipes. Once its all connected up using fresh drinking water pump up system to working pressure 3-5 bar and check all joints, then pump up to test pressure and time the test, get somebody to witness the test ie. builder/customer.

i would buy the larger of the rothenberger testers which is quite expensive but will make the testing quicker and easier.

once tested, release the water and tape up all open ends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Could anyone recommend a pressure testing pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock