Search the forum,

Discuss Costs involved in getting commercial qualification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt06

Gas Engineer
Hello,
I looked at a job the other day , Primary meter is G40 which feeds 10 secondary meters, each secondary meter has a test point , isolator etc , I would need to tightness test the primary meter and all pipework up to the secondary meters to do safety cert. Would I just need to do Commercial changeover training/assesments? would this boost my gas safe register subscription fees a lot/any ?

Thanks
Matt

You need TPCP1 (over 1cu mtr) And TPCP1A (under 1 cu mtr)

You'd need to check with an Assessment centre but I believe you'll need to do;

Domestic to Commercial changeover,
and to get to do TPCP1/1a you also need to have done either Commercial Heating, Catering or Laundry appliances.

I don't think it costs any extra for additional Categories on Gassafe

Last edited:
You can simply add TPCP1A to your current domestic qualifications WITHOUT needing a commercial core.

I will leave the actual quals you need to the experts who have already posted, but the amount of gas quals you have doesn't effect your Gas Safe Registration cost, but when you do additional quals you are supposed to purchase a new card which lists all the quals, which I think is £10-15ish

Go for the change over. just resat my commercial, It will fry your head if you dont work on it much though. but you will look at domestic and think god that was easy..:smiley2:

Thanks for all replies , gonna try and sit Just TPCP1/A as training center said that is possible

Doest TCP1A simply cover testing, purging and strength testing of installations with a LP supply and not exceeding a total volume of 1m3? It doesnt confer competence to install pipe or meters which could be included in such installations ?

Doest TCP1A simply cover testing, purging and strength testing of installations with a LP supply and not exceeding a total volume of 1m3? It doesnt confer competence to install pipe or meters which could be included in such installations ?

Yes that's what it is.

The problem would be if a leak was found, with only TPCP1A you wouldn't be able to repair it, you'd need ICPN1 at least, (Installation of Commercial Pipework)
At some point you'd need Commercial Core (or changeover)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Costs involved in getting commercial qualification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock