Discuss Core set in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get mine from brandon tool hire, only buy 2 sizes though 127mm and 50mm. Been a while since I bought one but have to replace me 127mm as worn it out last week.

I'm always amused at the 9 peice core set which actually contains only three 'bits'...

Avoid the Rothenberger ones they are useless and dont last long

i bought a set from pts lasted me quite a while got my moneys worth from them think they were about £90. I suppose what you pay for is what you get.

I have the Rothenberger diamond ones as they came with a load of gear I bought of a plumber who was retiring. They aren't bad but I bought a Norton diamond one which is the dogs danglies.

My builder swears by percussion core drills as opposed to diamond ones, What does everyone reckon to them?

My builder swears by percussion core drills as opposed to diamond ones, What does everyone reckon to them?

Scre3wfix sell 30 and 40mm Armeg percussions They do the job well enough.
A 127mm or something percussion in an SDS max will be quicker than a diamond core but it will blow half the wall off the other side. Him being a builder it would be easy fixed i suppose.
A 16lb sledge hammer would be even quicker and just as easy for a builder to fix:):D

i have the marcrist ccu850 set with the ddm2 drill brought around 6 month ago and have to say the best buy ever no broken arms you could drink a cup of tea while drilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Core set in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock