Discuss cordless hammer drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, has anyone used one of the newer ranges of the cordless sds hammer drills. I need to get a decent one as will hopefully be used on plenty of installs. I have been using a makita 24v nicad variant from my employer but it seems all you can get now is 18v li-ion or 36v. Are the new 18 v as good as their old 24v counter parts or do i need to fork out for a 36v unit?

Thanks in advance

28v milwaukee is better than most 36v drills from other brands, but it'll cost you.

I've got the 18v Mikita with interchangeable chuck, it suites me and anything bigger I'll plug a drill in however it does get through batteries if you use it for a prolonged period, the 36v are better on battery life but they are silly money and if you use them for long periods they do start to feel heavy, the Milwaukee mentioned above is the daddy as far as I'm concerned but you might need to re mortgage to buy one,

To places I buy my power tools from are its London or Axminster tool centre take a look at there websites and go from there

thanks guys checked the milwaukee out best i have found is ÂŁ570 so far which is similar money to the 36v drills out there

i use a Hitachi 36v its awesome got it of fleebay a think a paid ÂŁ350 BRAND FIRE NEW

hi guys, has anyone used one of the newer ranges of the cordless sds hammer drills. I need to get a decent one as will hopefully be used on plenty of installs. I have been using a makita 24v nicad variant from my employer but it seems all you can get now is 18v li-ion or 36v. Are the new 18 v as good as their old 24v counter parts or do i need to fork out for a 36v unit?

Thanks in advance

what you wanna use it for? size of holes? drilling wood? overhead?

what you wanna use it for? size of holes? drilling wood? overhead?

Use will be drilling outside, upto 28mm, and hanging rads and boilers (dont like having cables everywhere for customers to trip)
I have a hilti sds max for heavier drilling and intend on a makita 18v combi drill for wood and smaller holes.

if your drilling 28mm holes with a cordless you will want a 36v tbh. tho i would not want to be drilling many 28mm holes with a ÂŁ500-ÂŁ600 drill thats not really designed for that size.

i have 5 cordless sds drills and i still cant decide which one i like best, it depends on the job.

When we say 28mm hole we actually mean clearance for 28mm right? For gas sleeving etc. I use a 32mm bit, wouldn't dream of caining a cordless on that, done it before and killed them. I got a nice ÂŁ500 240v makita just for holes like that. Then I use and 18v cordless hammer for brown plugs etc.

thanks guys checked the milwaukee out best i have found is ÂŁ570 so far which is similar money to the 36v drills out there
The milwaukee 28v sds is pricey and can manage 28mm easy,Pound for pound more impact than any 36v. Will even do 2" core holes. Ive had mine for nearly 5 years and never had to change brushes. its paid for itself..The lion batteries dont like cold weather though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cordless hammer drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock