Discuss Cordless batteries when not being used.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malcky

Hi folks....just wondering if li-ion batteries should disconnected from the tool and or charger when not in use for a while...going away on holiday for example? There was no mention of storage in the instruction manual.

Cheers.

yes disconnected from tools/charger and left inside the house fully charged. They dont like the cold.

infact you should never really leave a battery in the charger unattended for long periods, its unlikely but its a fire risk and lion cells can explode when they go wrong.

Last edited:
I would never have left bats on a charger for any longer than needed....was really checking if needed to be removed from the tool if not going to be used for days or weeks at a time.

li-on cells fail at low voltages, if you leave them connected to something that may drain energy for long periods then you risk damage, a week or two will not harm them if the batterys are fully charged. but def avoid a discharged battery left in a tool imo.

are you going on holiday?

Last edited:
No im not going on holiday, but im also not doing work as still at college...I have got the Metabo 4.0ah combi & impact twinpack that has been charged and sits in the box till needed (looking for excuses to use the stuff around the house...haha). So will make sure the bats are disconnected from the tool while not in use from now on as dont want to damage them prematurely.

cut the handle of the wisk and attach your drill when mixing your whipped cream. i did it years back.......... got covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cordless batteries when not being used.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock