Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss copper supply routing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scoobyears

Hi all a bit new to this forum malarky... so here goes.
just had a new gas supply fitted from the meter at the front of the house to the back, he's run a copper pipe around the outside of my house to feed a 2nd combi boiler in the garage to provide HW and CH to the loft conversion...... the pipe around the side of the house he has clipped to the wall, but he's placed the pipe around 20 inches up the wall which is ideally placed to get hit by car bumpers that park there.. my question is should it be guarded by anything to protect it from damage and possible leaks ?? or should i ask him to shift it up the wall...... thanks guys

Well maybe this should have been discussed before hand,I would go for moving it out of the way,not a big job,then it can be forgotten about
Why go to all the trouble of protecting it.

imho

Re: copper gas pipe routing

i assume he was gas safe registerd and showed you his card
after this he should have positioned it to avoid possible damage so yes higher would have been better but more unsightly....how many boilers and other appliances run of the meter

How often do u crash into ur wall? [rolls eyes]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a few people who do it always bashing there cars in...you never know you might be reversing in to a drive and BANG! explosion.;)

I know a few people who do it always bashing there cars in...you never know you might be reversing in to a drive and BANG! explosion.;)

Just don't drive into the wall, save money on car, gas and building repairs.

No brainer

thanks for the advice;)
the builder has engaged the plumber as part of the build price
so i've left that side up to him as far as sparkies and plumbers go,
but i've warned the builder that if no certificates are supplied he will not get paid the final instalment !!!
plus there is also extra work elswhere up for grabs..
so the carrot and stick approach is the order of the day..:D
the meter will be supplying :
1 boiler and gas cooker for the main house + 1 boiler for the conversion

I'll watch this space.....

what boilers have been fittd as with 2 combis and a cooker going at full pelt i would pay very close atention to the pipe sizes i would be using a min of 28mm pipework for that little lot and would then be paying close atention to whether the meter can keep up with the demand a 37cdi worcester really sucks some gas its a important note to consider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to copper supply routing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock