Discuss Copper pipe dripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DMR

Hi,

hoping someone can help.

There is an airing cupboard in my bedroom. Three copper pipes run from the ceiling and stop about half way down. These pipes are not "capped" at the bottom. I have been woken up by the sound of dripping from one of the pipes - although this appears to have now stopped. There is another cupboard next to this that houses the combi heater.

Any idea what these pipes are for and what may cause the dripping?

Thanks

Without climbing up into your roofspace, no.

Don't cap them off without investigating though because if someone's been naughty and terminated the safety relief valve there, you'd potentially be in even more poo.....

I've been in the loft. There are some copper pipes sticking up that I suspect once housed the water tank feeding down to a water heater in the airing cupboard. There has been no further dripping, bucket I placed over the pipe is bone dry. Have been running water this morning - no issues. Strange.

If it just three pipes coming down and you now have a combi my guess would be they are the old pipes from the cold water tank in the loft.

the sound of dripping is very different from actually seeing any visible dripping. if there is no sign of water leakage. i suspect the actual noise is pipes rubbing against floorboards/ tight spaces as they expand when being heated when central heating is on, as this can sound like a pipe dripping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copper pipe dripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock