Discuss Copper cylinder 1'' blanking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have a gledhill copper cylinder to fit. It is a direct cylinder containing standard 1'' feed and distribution connections but has the 2 x 1'' connections on the side but no coil in the middle. Can I use blanking plates for these as not required?
thanks

It’d be difficult to tape up with ptfe. I’d be inclined to use a 1” tapered cylinder union and then put a 22mm cap on the stub of pipe.

I like that idea but the Loctite thread sealing string will do a good job on a 1" thread as well. Either one is a good solution.

How many litres as never seen one with 1” connections unless it’s gravity or above 400l ?

You sure it’s not 22mm compression as that measures round about an inch dia

Loctite 55 or 755 would do

Reply to Copper cylinder 1'' blanking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm blanking a couple of openings in a hot water cylinder. The Screwfix Flomasta 1" BSP plugs fit perfectly but no washer supplied or...
Replies
Views
Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock