Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cool hot water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 118045

Hi,
My boiler is situated in a cold roof of a bungalow. The hot water to the taps at the other end of the building is cool. A standard insulation has been used, would foil backed wool pipe insulation (climatube) greatly improve the heat of the water or should I be looking at a circulation pump?

Is it a combi ? It never ceases to amaze me why anyone would put a boiler that's got to heat the home in the coldest harshest environment in the home the loft , something that I refuse to do for any of my clients there always a better option sometimes you need to be a bit creative, depending on the age of the boiler I suggest it's moved or replaced to the main living space, today it -4 °c and probably no much above freezing in the loft any boiler is going to struggle on hot water delivery most combis can only raise the incoming water temperature by 35°c so say it 2 ° c today then 37° c pretty poor I expect this is what your experiencing ? . Kop

Reply to Cool hot water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock