Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cooker with bayonet hose needs connecting where there is no bayonet fitting. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
20141113_180030.jpgHi guys I hae a job tomorrow evening, fitting a cooker with a bayonet hose attached but there is no bayonet fitting for the hose to connect to. Can I get a bayonet fitting that can be connected to the capped pipe in place? if not any suggestions? Thanks

Don't know why my photos turn out the wrong way round, seem ok when I upload them.

Hi guys I hae a job tomorrow evening, fitting a cooker with a bayonet hose attached but there is no bayonet fitting for the hose to connect to. Can I get a bayonet fitting that can be connected to the capped pipe in place? if not any suggestions? Thanks

I guess, you just have to make it happen, hook up the bayonet fitting. Hope you have the cooker ticket.

And make sure the bayonet is at the right height. Is there a backplate already on the wall?

I guess, you just have to make it happen, hook up the bayonet fitting. Hope you have the cooker ticket.
Thanks, yes I do have the ticket. I'll just have to make it happen then, didn't realise it was as simple as that. I obviously missed the 'just have to make it happen' module during training, sounds as though it could save me time in the future. Next time i'm having trouble on a job, if I remember I 'just have to make it happen' I should be sorted. Thanks. :D

No back plate but I think I have found the bits needed. Back plate and fitting. Straight Wall Plate Adaptor 15mm | Gas Fittings | NoLinkingToThis Angled Bayonet Socket Gas Fitting ½" | Gas Fittings | NoLinkingToThis Thanks.

You'll need the hose as well. The bayonet needs to be lower, can't remember the exact height. 450mm I think.

so anywhere between 450 and 750? :D I'll check it out in the Gas safe book. Already got the hose. should be a fairly straight forward job.

No back plate but I think I have found the bits needed. Back plate and fitting. Straight Wall Plate Adaptor 15mm | Gas Fittings | NoLinkingToThis Angled Bayonet Socket Gas Fitting ½" | Gas Fittings | NoLinkingToThis Thanks.

Gas valve, wall plate elbow, bayonet and make sure the cooker has stability bracket and up to standards,,,, Jobs a good ane

I would check the gas pipe sizing too. Has to be done.

Last edited:
Gas valve, wall plate elbow, bayonet and make sure the cooker has stability bracket and up to standards,,,, Jobs a good ane
By gas valve do you mean isolation valve? Will also be fitting safety chain as well as stability bracket.

No need for the gas valve on the free standing cooker with gas hose, unless the pipe work to it is rigid.

so anywhere between 450 and 750? :D I'll check it out in the Gas safe book. Already got the hose. should be a fairly straight forward job.

I'm surprised they've never advanced the whole bayonet design because some cookers don't have a space to accommodate the bayonet as well as wall plate elbow ( terms of space ) and sometimes this can make the cooker stick out a bit

No need for the gas valve on the free standing cooker with gas hose, unless the pipe work to it is rigid.

I put valves on everything I do, Its just the way I do it,

Not needed but good practice, there may be a leak in future and allows bayonet and cooker to be eliminated by having the valve otherwise just the cooker gets eliminated in tightness testing,

I put valves on everything I do, Its just the way I do it,

I hate using valves on water, they always seem to leak and restrict flow. A bit pointless with a bayonet fitting Kris, you've still got to drop test if you do any alterations.

last question what would you charge for this job? I've probably priced it too cheap but I want to know what you guys would expect to be paid.

I'm surprised they've never advanced the whole bayonet design because some cookers don't have a space to accommodate the bayonet as well as wall plate elbow ( terms of space ) and sometimes this can make the cooker stick out a bit
You've got angled back plates and micro bayonets if space is a massive issue.

130f4cb7c4c3cdccf2c3472ef9906385.jpg

4062117114e7a07542a77e5b42c65fc3.jpg

Kris,either of these with the bayonet screwed in keeps the cooker right in the space

130f4cb7c4c3cdccf2c3472ef9906385.jpg

4062117114e7a07542a77e5b42c65fc3.jpg

Kris,either of these with the bayonet screwed in keeps the cooker right in the space

Yeh there a lot neater than the ones our local tps have, I like the elbow one ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cooker with bayonet hose needs connecting where there is no bayonet fitting. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock