Discuss cooker ventilation question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
went to fit a cooker in a council property today and it didn't have a openable door or window to outside due to a conservatory being fitted. no extractor either.

So i didnt install the cooker and advised to the customer to contact the council about getting vent or or extractor fan fitted.

she then told me the previous cooker had been passed by the council every year with no remarks made on the ventilation.

i rang gas safe and they advised to either fit ventilation or extractor and the vent could be close able.
so my question?

1.what do you classify a cooker on landlords check with no vent or opening to outside.
2.does a window opening into a conservatory class as a closeable vent if so so if a openable window in kitchen and in conservatory does this class as enough?

1. At risk
2. No the door or window should be openable direct to outside air

The instruction book should state ventilation requirements

There is away round it, but it's almost Infathomable

The way around from gas was extractor to outside or vents 80cm2 in kitchen wall and conservatory wall. And a opening to outside on conservatory 1/10 the size of combined room size

Or if the door area from the kitchen to the conservatory has an area greater than 1/20th of the floor area no vents needed providing the conservatory has openable doors etc.

Something like that anyway.
Its in this months gas poorn mag lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cooker ventilation question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back