Discuss Conventional system hot water pump issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a conventional system and my boiler has Surrey flange. The expansion pipe feeds upstairs bathroom also, but I would like to pump the hot water for upstairs similar to the diagram. Do I have to run a separate feed to upstairs supply?

8700DD45-B45B-4AF0-9CF9-76E0FB5D33E9.jpeg

Ok then you’d probably need minimal repiping and a whole house pump. As long as the tanks are well above all outlets then you can get away with a positive head. You may wish to consider getting larger loft tanks to compensate the likely increased water useage

Why didn't whoever drew that show a pt 2 ball valve I wonder?

Most pumps will work perfectly well with as little as 400mm tween the bottom of the stored water and the highest point in the shower.
So far as I recall, all pump manus tell you to double the amount of stored water when pumping. The way additional tanks are linked is also very important in order to avoid genuine nasties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Conventional system hot water pump issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock