Discuss Conventional Gas Boiler firing all the time. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markyb2

I have a old Olympic / Thorn EMI conventional gas boiler that has been working ok but over the last few months I have noticed that it fires very frequently, as often as once every 10 - 15 minutes, all day and night, when it shouldn't be doing anything (i.e. central heating / hot water timer is OFF). Could this be a thermostat problem? It did not do this before. The gas bill came through recently and it was ridiculously high and I am getting very concerned - hope someone has an idea what causes this.

you need an engineer to check if its a boiler or controls fault all gas bills are ridiculously high now days

Cheers for fast response - is there anything I can do in the meantime? I know gas prices are crazily high but 3x last years equivalent quarterly bill is pushing it even for British Gas!

Looks like your going to have to replace boiler ! very few parts avail, boiler getting demand call, could be external controls or pcb, other than turning it off you need to call in GSR to look at it.

Probably not a boiler fault at all.

More likely to be control problem, motorised valve or programmer for example.

Best to get somone in to sort it out. What you save in gas over a period could
pay for the call.

its your eco button, its just kicking in to eco mode... it keeps the water hot !! wouldnt woirry just switch eco mode off

Hi Joe chaps talking about an old Thorn boiler prob 30 years old, No eco mode on these old boilers.

Certainly nothing to do with an eco-button, as the last post pointed out, this boiler is ancient!

Hi Steve, not that old ? when was the last time you fitted a Thorn Boiler ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Conventional Gas Boiler firing all the time. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi all...got some issues....drained my working ok system yesterday to upgrade some 15 to 22 on the flow and return rad circuit. Refilled and bled...
Replies
Views
Boiler and Megalow mistery Hi, Just moved into a house from a flat and I have a couple of queries. We have a Worcester gas fired boiler -...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock