Discuss Conventional boiler : Hot Water & Cold Rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

icemancomeths

I hope one of you could help me again.

For some reason my Radiators are 'warm - hot'. I have bled them (which helped).

I understand there could be lots of answers but I am after advice on how I can find the problem.

On the boiler downstairs there is a little dial with numbers 1 to 6. This is set to 2/3 because any more and the water is scalding. The thermo on the storage tank on the middle floor is set to 55c.

This is a proper school boy question but does the hot water and rads water come from the same place at the same time? EG if I have hot water should I have hot rads?

Thanks in advance!

Hi mate, what boiler do you have out of interest.

Depending on your controls set up you should have the option to adjust your hot water temperature using your programmer, which measures the temperature at the cylinder itself. To increase your heating temperature you can adjust the 1-6 dial higher, this will increase the heating output by burning more gas, but provided the cylinder stat is working properly when the cylinder reaches the temperature you have asked for your hot water it will knock the boiler off.

When you mention having to bleed the rads, this would only help if you suffered from either a system pumping over where lots of fresh oxygen is introduced into your system, or more worringly from the rads being filled with sludge which would also reduce the output of the system and cost you money in terms of the system being efficient. A simple way to test is to take the smallest rad off the wall and drain it outside and see if any thick black sludge comes out of the bottom. If it does I would recommend getting a local heating engineer to come and install a TF1 or a magnaclean alongside a cleaner such as Fernox F3, which will help remove the sludge from the system.

Best regards

Hi mate, what boiler do you have out of interest.

Depending on your controls set up you should have the option to adjust your hot water temperature using your programmer, which measures the temperature at the cylinder itself. To increase your heating temperature you can adjust the 1-6 dial higher, this will increase the heating output by burning more gas, but provided the cylinder stat is working properly when the cylinder reaches the temperature you have asked for your hot water it will knock the boiler off.

When you mention having to bleed the rads, this would only help if you suffered from either a system pumping over where lots of fresh oxygen is introduced into your system, or more worringly from the rads being filled with sludge which would also reduce the output of the system and cost you money in terms of the system being efficient. A simple way to test is to take the smallest rad off the wall and drain it outside and see if any thick black sludge comes out of the bottom. If it does I would recommend getting a local heating engineer to come and install a TF1 or a magnaclean alongside a cleaner such as Fernox F3, which will help remove the sludge from the system.

Best regards

It is a none pressure system type :|

Over the last 6 months the system as been turned off 4 times or so because of the issues I had with the overflow constantly overflowing which is why I bled them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Conventional boiler : Hot Water & Cold Rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock