Discuss Continuous noisy pipes and water tank + huge water leak in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Once again thank you to you for your valuable suggestions. An Engineer attended the property and resolved the issue. The issue was described as follows in their report:

"Investigated in loft space and found cwst was constantly filling as ball valve had snapped off, the gurgling was from the overflow pipe as the water was constantly running through it, the banging was due to the faulty ball valve as well. Have supplied and fitted new ball valve in cwst This has resolved the issue".

Many of you had suspected the same. Upon my inquiry, the Engineer advised that the water tank met the specifications/standards.

Thank you again.

Best wishes.

Once again thank you to you for your valuable suggestions. An Engineer attended the property and resolved the issue. The issue was described as follows in their report:

"Investigated in loft space and found cwst was constantly filling as ball valve had snapped off, the gurgling was from the overflow pipe as the water was constantly running through it, the banging was due to the faulty ball valve as well. Have supplied and fitted new ball valve in cwst This has resolved the issue".

Many of you had suspected the same. Upon my inquiry, the Engineer advised that the water tank met the specifications/standards.

Thank you again.

Best wishes.
As quite a few of us suggested the ball valve/ overflow.

As quite a few of us suggested the ball valve/ overflow.
The OP acknowledged that.

It is, however, a sad indictment of the plumbing industry when someone can look at that installation, claim it complies with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999, and call themselves an 'engineer'. Isambard Kingdom Brunel will be rolling in his grave. Unless of course, the 'engineer' was merely commenting that the cistern itself (and not the installation of the cistern) is a compliant model, in which case he is she is being very specific and is very much a true engineer and very careful with choice of words.

There are a number of issues with the installation, but I would argue none of them are especially serious.

Last edited:

Reply to Continuous noisy pipes and water tank + huge water leak in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock