Discuss Connecting 110mm Plastic to 93mm Lead Soil Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lydart

Hi Everyone I'm a newbie to this forum so please be gentle.

I'm installing a new bathroom suite and customer wants the toilet moved to a new position. The existing soil pipe is lead and is in great condition with no leaks. The lead is soldered into the CI. The CI socket is hard up against a floor joist and I don't think it wise to try and get a flame in there. I thought I'd just cut the lead pipe and use a Flexseal coupler to join to the plastic, so I called Flexseal for advice and they said they didn't recommend any of their couplers for lead.

I'm sure I've seen plastic connected to lead using Flexseal or similar and would like your advice on what product I should use?

I should point out that I have no experience of flaring lead pipes and want to maintain the existing flow.

Lead Soil.jpg

Hey, i have always supplied the mcalpine fitting suggested by glenno1. you should be able to pick it up from any trade merchant. Mcalpine code is DC1.. one end fits inside the CI and the soil fits neatly in the other end..
hope this helps..

Hey, i have always supplied the mcalpine fitting suggested by glenno1. you should be able to pick it up from any trade merchant. Mcalpine code is DC1.. one end fits inside the CI and the soil fits neatly in the other end..
hope this helps..

I have a DC1 and it is too big. The ID of the lead pipe is ~88mm.

Is it too much hassle to change the whole stack tp 4 inc plastic

be carefull and bell out the lead if its thick enough to take a bit of working.

Then you can work in the fully flanged multiquick - with plenty of fairy liquid ..oops the proper grease/slippy stuff that is in the little wrapper.

centralheatking

Thanks for all your replies. Think I'll try the Multikwik first, don't really want to replace the whole stack.

multiquick 3 1/2" extension as steve said !!does from 88mm to 92mm ID! then stick a macalpine DC-1 in that! job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting 110mm Plastic to 93mm Lead Soil Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock