Discuss Confused on what qualifications I need to get started in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only course you can get without being employed or working in the industry isnt enough to get you fully qualified. do you think they will put the phone down because you dont have a basic unqualified course behind you? obviously not, its because they dont want chancers, they want plumbers. a quick course isnt what you are missing it is employment

Right, so, do you think I should contact local plumbers and see if they want an extra hand?

Right, so, do you think I should contact local plumbers and see if they want an extra hand?

i really hope you can get something but ii fear you will really struggle, there just isnt the work, the market is flooded parden the pun with too many inexperienced plumbers with little or no qquals.

if its really what you want do the course but realise its not a ticket to employment, it may help but enter it with the right info

good luck

The fact that I always get turned down to everything because of my lack of work experience. What am I gonna say on the phone to a plumber? Hey I'd like to start plumbing and I'd like to work with you. Okay what do you know about plumbing? Ermm... *hangs up*

You could try this

[video=youtube;p2inSqo3Q3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2inSqo3Q3c&feature=related[/video]

This was the way things were for some in the early 80's and is the way things are moving again.

You guys dont seem very happy with plumbing in general so now I don't know what to do with myself :/

Joe, I don't think plumbers on here are trying to discourage you.

If you can't find a placement before training, what makes you think you will find one after spending £thousands on a course?

Good luck with your search for jobs - I would be inclined to take a look at your own family - are there any builders, electricians, etc - if so, get some work experience in construction labouring, this will bring you into contact with plumbers and other opportunities. You will also be able to say you have had some experience.

Note Ofsted, say that prior experience essential for apprenticeship:

Work experience essential for preparing next apprentices, says Ofsted | FE Week

Aye, experience equals confidence, but it's hard to find someone who will take you under their wing and 'Teach' you PROPERLY once you have done your first training course. Choose your course provider very carefully, and with all respects keep away from New Career Skills. I done my City & Guilds 6128 and Water Regs with them. Only after your cash, avoid them. I am now looking to do the Aadvanced Plumber Course, possibly with OLCI ?. Does anyone know anything about them at all?. Hoping to then get Gas safe Registered. Thinking stage at the moment ????. Any advice is welcome guys. If you know someone in the Cambridgeshire, Southern Lincolnshire or Eastern Leicestershire way who would let me work with them for a few weeks to help me get my assessments done then that would be much appreciated. I am keen to learn anything else I can pick up on the way.

ye mate, i went with olci, college was an option alot of people said to me at the time i was deciding but it was impossible to get into. they ticked all the right boxes for me. ive said on here before it has alot to do with the tutor you have i think anyway and mine was spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Confused on what qualifications I need to get started in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock