Search the forum,

Discuss confirmation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Spoke to an old mate today who moved to nottingham several years ago and he was asking how many millions i am making from plumbs/heating.

Told him its hassle and a struggle and does not pay what people think ,however he was surprised as he said nottingham has no plumbers and you would make a killing up here.

heard this before but he's sure you can make good solid money as a copper monkey in nottigham.

So can anyone in nottigham confirm its the golden path to plumbing riches or is it the same as everywhere else

i have my doubts

Your Doubts are well placed.

I've lived in and around Nottingham for over 59 years and can't say I've noticed less Plumbers vans around than anywhere else in the Midlands or North.

However I've never had to employ the services of a Plumber.

depends what sort of work you do/after?

land lord certs start at £25 apparently!!lol

Last edited by a moderator:
depends what sort of work you do/after?

land lord certs start at £25 apparently!!lol

Don't listen to him, he is making a fortune in Nottingham and don't want you coming up to ruin it for him haha.

Don't listen to him, he is making a fortune in Nottingham and don't want you coming up to ruin it for him haha.

Yep, I understand he is making so much money, he has been able to trade in his rickety old LandRover for a nice Suzuki Vitara.

In pink.

suzuki_vitara_jlx_94_pink.jpg

Its all perception. There are a few plumber around here. Not a problem though as, they dont return phone calls, they dont turn up for appointments and half of them want their tools taking off them. All I need to do is reply to messages, answer my phone and turn up when I say I will (or at least let the cust know im running late) and im already ahead of the game. Its not a lot really, but what a hell of a fifference it makes.

Yep, I understand he is making so much money, he has been able to trade in his rickety old LandRover for a nice Suzuki Vitara.

In pink.

View attachment 19471

thats not true..

my landy makes more money than i do ;)

truth is up here the last 3 months been crap but i only do domestic, service repairs mainly.
there is a shortage of commercial's & catering though i believe!!

Where are you living now?

I have a nottingham number, advertise there and live half hour away. Im happy to travel an hour away for small jobs but haven't had anything for 2 weeks now.

I have a friend living on the outskirts of london who charges over £100 ph and has done for years. Has a couple lads on the books and only does small jobs.

Should I move to London??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to confirmation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock