Search the forum,

Discuss Condo radiator zone valve troubleshooting in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pepi

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out why my zone valve doesn't full open to get the radiator pipes hot when I use the thermostat?

I can manually spin the valve until I hear the hot water running through the pipes and then all is fine and the pipes get hot really fast but without manual stimulation the thermostat alone will not fully open the valve to where it needs to be. It spins but not enough.

My end valves are fully open.

I've tried two different zone valve motors. My old one and a new one I got last year. I've tried disconnecting the thermostat so that the valve opens fully and it didn't.

Is it wiring? Transformer? Thermostat itself (I guess not)?

Also, the ZONE VALVE MOTOR IS REALLY HOT, too hot to touch. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20151029_170053.jpg
    20151029_170053.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20151029_170111.jpg
    20151029_170111.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 10
i would either get a qualified heating eng in or a spark tbh

Problem solved. I had to grease the Spring mechanism below the motor, it wasn't responding properly. Now the motor is able to open/close the valve just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condo radiator zone valve troubleshooting in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock