Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Condensate pump ......... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

O

Old Account

hi lads,

Could anyone tell me if it’s mandatory to connect a condensate pump to the boiler?

I have sen so many times People only install the mains to the pump. I do not seem to think its mandatory. It is good practice but its not mandatory is it?

Regards

Ron

hi lads,

Could anyone tell me if it’s mandatory to connect a condensate pump to the boiler?

I have sen so many times People only install the mains to the pump. I do not seem to think its mandatory. It is good practice but its not mandatory is it?

Regards

Ron
I don't think it is Mandatory.

Last edited:
I install mostly Vaillant in Domestic so they do connect in and it's a better job due to its ability to stop the Boiler running if there is a fault.
I have only ever installed one or two of those though. I don't think I have fitted any others to be honest.

Last edited:
Your supposed to wire in the over flow protection eg link the mains to it

I install mostly Vaillant in Domestic so they do connect in and it's a better job due to its ability to stop the Boiler running if there is a fault.
I have only ever installed one or two of those though. I don't think I have fitted any others to be honest.

Thanks mate, I understand and agree to wiring it into the boiler. But would that mean it’s mandatory or just good practice?

Thanks mate, I understand and agree to wiring it into the boiler. But would that mean it’s mandatory or just good practice?

What do you mean?
I don't install many and the ones I have have been Vaillant's own.
Do you wire them so that they interrupt the PL to the Appliance then?

Yes

Still don’t understand how a condensate pump get blocked when only condensate goes in.

Pump could fail

Outlet tube could freeze

Drains could block etc

Reply to Condensate pump ......... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock