Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate cannot go into Foul Drains when a Septic Tank is used in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

septictank

Just a 'Heads Up'.
Condensate from Condensing Boilers MUST NOT be drained into Foul Drains when a septic tank or sewage treatment plant is part of the foul drainage system. The condensate kills the bacteria in the tanks due to its high acidity and the sewage treatment stops working.

Surely all sewers go to a sewer treatment plant?

Useful to know, better if there is something to reference.
I know of a lot of steamers running into septic tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensate cannot go into Foul Drains when a Septic Tank is used in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock