Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Concealed cisterns with bigger non equal flushpipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Ones where the drop valve end of flushpipe is bigger and pan end of flushpipe bit smaller and a smooth circular nut is found on flush pipe under cistern. Does anyone know if there is a universal 2" valve that will work in these? And seal properly to existing cistern/flushpipe?

Also is the end of the flush pipe standard 1.5" where it enters pan so failing that you could change cistern and flush pipe to a fluidmaster or similar? Thanks

Last edited:
My merchant always holds replacements so I assume that most good ones would

Sounds like a Grohe Dal cistern although others may be similiar.
If it is Grohe Dal then nothing else but original parts will fit, they are all available here dal cistern | eBay The flushpipe is 50mm x 40mm if that helps.
Dave

Thanks Shower Engineer. I've seen one before that is def that one.

I saw another today and am not sure. It looks like someone had stuck a Wirquin in it and it was leaking from under the cistern. But correct me if I'm wrong, the Grohe ones seem to have the thread that joins to the flushpipe nut as part of the underside of the cistern, actually joined to it. So if it were to leak it would only leak down flushpipe, rather than across underside of cistern. So probably not a Grohe.

As the flush pipe is 40mm at the pan end, if there was room (length in the horizontal section,) I guess you could use a 40mm to 32mm reducing mcalpine multifit compression coupler and convert to a regular flush pipe and cistern?

I saw another today and am not sure. It looks like someone had stuck a Wirquin in it and it was leaking from under the cistern. But correct me if I'm wrong, the Grohe ones seem to have the thread that joins to the flushpipe nut as part of the underside of the cistern, actually joined to it. So if it were to leak it would only leak down flushpipe, rather than across underside of cistern. So probably not a Grohe.

It is not possible to fit anything but a Grohe valve in a Grohe cistern and you are right the only place it can leak is the flushpipe nut, actually it is a very good design in that respect.
If you have a photo of the valve I can probably tell you what part you need.
You could change the complete cistern but you would need a new flushpipe and pan insert as well.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concealed cisterns with bigger non equal flushpipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock