Discuss computer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Might be the wrong place to ask but I need a new desktop computer (only a tower) any advise you can give me would be appreciated. I don't need any special gaming PC but I have had browse on the net and all the specs when comparing them gets confusing, :thinking:

We also use Novatech. More by habit than for any other reason, but I guess that means that they can't have p1ffed us off too much...

I just called and ordered from Novatech it took 2 mins and I have wasted most of the morning browsing the net lol

New Computer in south Yorkshire ! how meny rows of beads does it have ?

I got mine from Novatech, they speak fairly simple English.

Same here. You can go on their website and choose the spec you want, so if you're not gaming then you don't need to pay for fancy graphic and sound cards, etc.

Basically go for the fastest processor and most RAM your budget will allow. Don't go for a massive hard drive, keep it to about 100GBP and have external drives for backups. Otherwise if the hard drive fails, all your eggs are in one basket.

Different processors (CPUs) have the same speed but different onboard caches. Bigger cache gives better performance if you're multitasking or doing data-intensive work.

Don't know if they cover desktops but I just signed up to Which Mag online for ÂŁ1 (trial month subscription, make sure you cancel straight away) because I need a new laptop.

I did the same a few years back. Best laptop I've ever had. But doesn't travel well and so is falling apart after a bunch of trips over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to computer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock