Discuss computer error in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

migoplumber

another bad day so time for a rant.
why o why have we made these technological "break throughs" in boiler technology??
im sure its not to obtain 99.9% effiecency, even if it was, mayber we should run our new f.g.a.'s through the flue of a 20 year old water heater!!
error 29, f28, fse. ????..... why we get these error codes on a lovely lcd display telling us that some super new computer componet has gone ti** up!
10 years ago a boiler/water heater service or breakdown would of taken 15 mins. nowdays we need to pull the laptop out and plug it in to decipher whats going on and generally its the new monitoring stuff thats broke..

god im peeved, today 4 jobs, have to go back to them all with new pcbs, overstats, pressure switches when they arrive.

weve got rid of corgi at last, can we now get rid of this dumb technology

yes im corgi reg, yes i love my pc at home, generally using to kill people in 1st person after a stressfull day at work.

shaun

Talking of new technology have you had dealings with weather compensators yet ! i have one on my system , its so frustrating because the rads seem red hot even when its mild outside and theres no stat indoors to wind it down with :confused:

yep, i do schools, police and fire stations.
always problems, there entire systems are controlled offsite by a couple of blokes and a computer with a modem. on top of that each site has several of these "external temperature compensators" ( an analogue thermistor that reads exactly the temp. ) as well as the frost stats!
viesmanns vitodens are the worst for it, its a whole analysing centre of what its been told to think you need in warmth compared to outside
first thing i do when arriving on site is unplug the modem, then if possible bypass the compensators.
then you can deal with a sytem fault, rectify, plug in the compensators and check everything is as it should be, then plug in the modem
the idea is good for effiecency and energy saving bills, but the manufacturer could put a simple "service switch" on the boiler, that turns all this off to allow us to do our job far easier!!
shaun

yes i believe viessmann have it wrong with no room sensor for the controls
other wise all my atag weather comp install have never had a complaint !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to computer error in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock