Search the forum,

Discuss Compliance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

msec

Hello everyone,
I'm a self employed sparky currently doing the train 4 trade skills course and as such I have been bringing in small amounts of plumbing work and then passing it on to a plumber I know, while I work with him, in order to get more practical experience.
I've now been asked to provide a quote for a domestic central heating system. The plumber has said that as far as he knows it is fine for us to install pipework and rads etc and then pass on the boiler work to a registered engineer.
The plumber I work with is ex Corgi and very experienced in domestic and commercial installations. I have known him a number of years and have no doubts about his competence for the job. However, while I would love the experience of carrying out this work, unless it is 100% legal I am not taking it on.

Just wondered if anyone can advise me on the legalities of this.

Cheers

you can do rads and all pipework apart from gas upto boiler. you cannot do anything on the boiler side.

Cheers for the info.

How would the commisioning of the system work? Would the gassafe engineer be able to certify the whole installation or kust what he had done himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Compliance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock