Discuss Competition: We all have that mate who has the world’s messiest van, if not it’s probably you… in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for tidy vans, I have an electrician mate who bought a new van and decided to make shelves and racking to keep all his bits and pieces in order.
The problem was he made all the shelving out of 2" x 1" timber and sheetmetal bins he had made up. It looked like a beautiful thing when he has it done.

Anyway... come one morning, he was meeting me at a job.
He had driven over numerous speed humps and all the timber had collapsed and he had everything scattered over the van floor.
The shelving timber had not taken the brutal treatment required and the back of his van was a mess with all sorts of electrical components and broken timber.

I wish I had taken a before and after shot of his van.
It was about 5 years ago and I still get a laugh out of it when think about it.
We're mates and have been for a long time - but I never forget to mention speedhumps at every opportunity

Mine always looks like this on a Friday evening, but it is tidy when I set off Monday mornings.
1.jpg

My achilles heel is that at the end of the day restock gets put in a box/bucket to be brought out to the van and then just thrown in. And when it gets really bad I will take the time to shelf the parts.

Right now I only have a couple boxes of parts in the middle :)
IMAG1854.jpg
IMAG1853.jpg
IMAG1852.jpg
IMAG1851.jpg
IMAG1850.jpg
IMAG1849.jpg
IMAG1848.jpg
IMAG1846.jpg

I'm based in a workshop now but I'm not proud to say that when I did have a van, the contents in the back were so untidy it was self-levelling. Take something out and another item falls into its place.

I know this is too late to enter but thought I would post a pic anyway. It isn’t normally like this. But gone from bathroom job to bathroom job to boiler swap to bathroom job. Hence it looks like this.:(:(:(

E4D0A60F-0E59-4077-9080-D8E870A0CD08.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Competition: We all have that mate who has the world’s messiest van, if not it’s probably you… in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back