Search the forum,

Discuss Competing with the national companies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Do you guys ask every new customer who does their boiler servicing? I am amazed how many households have BG servicing their boilers. Seems like they have this market pretty much tied up tbh. Do you guys manage to talk customers away from BG?

It's not easy to compete with a near billion pound company... but it's not hard to talk them away really 10 year warranty BG can't usually compete with :)

I come across lots of BG custs like most of us do however a lot of custs loose patience with how carp they are at organising anything.Just had a call tonight from a woman who pays monthly charge to BG they have utterly fudged a toilet install so i am doing it properly monday.

You need to remember a lot of useless fitters working for these companies as well.

I've managed to talk a lot of customers off BG contracts. It's not really difficult to do once you show them what the MIs require on a service and they realise that the BG engineers don't do anything more than FGA and gas rate...

I usually tell them to cancel the boiler servicing one as with a 10 year warranty on the Vogues i fit if the save £16 pm x 12 x 10 that's emmm... a wee bit of money i point out them them that if you cancel that money off the install it's beans. :)

Had another today one of these national emergency call out firms plumber never turned up . Got a call was new float valve required quick £90 cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Competing with the national companies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock