Discuss combi fires up - without demand in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a main combi, not serviced or looked at for years- can't be that old 5-7yr but shoddy install. Expv flat as per. Got the beast going but it fired once or twice without demand. Dirt in the system right? Sticking flow switch or ....?
any thoughts? :eek:

Isolate cold water does it still fire ?

Check the gland on Dhw flow switch, if leaking it can possibly short out the micro switch, making the boiler fire until stat cuts it off.

thanks for all the replies- haven't had a call back so it looks like it sorted itself out....I'll store away these nuggets of information.
Thanks again.

Reply to combi fires up - without demand in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per the thread title, I have an Ideal Logic Combi 30 and I am having a problem with the pump, which keeps activating without any DHW/DCH...
Replies
Views
Hi guys thankfully not been needing to com on for a while but could do with a pointer. 2 weeks ago I noticed boiler didn’t fire for hot water in...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock