Discuss Combi boiler whistling in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have a potterton promax combi boiler which has developed a whistling/kettling sound when turning on the hot tap.

The sound seems to reduce has the tap is slowed. I have also noticed this sound occurs when the boiler is turned off and the tap is running??

I can reduce the noise by opening and closing the cold water inlet on the underside of the boiler.

Any clues? Is this something a gas engineer could solve?

Reply to Combi boiler whistling in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

If you are qualified to do a Gas Safety check on a property I assume that entails checking the boiler. If, when checking a Combi, you notice the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at 55°C, but the boiler keep showing the Return Temperature is 60°C (and keep raising at 1°C/min rate)...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Hi guys, my boiler seems to be making a whistling sound after a while its on, if I tap it firmly it goes away, is this something to do with...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock