Discuss combi boiler.no hot water unless cold tap is running? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fabio

called to a job today.sauniar duval thermo classic or compact condensing boiler.The hot water tap in the bath will only come through with hot water when the cold tap is turned on in the wash basin?iam thinking this has soemthing to do with the water pressure?iv had a look futher and they have a water meter fitted.Would it help if i was to fit a expansion vessel on the cold feed? cheers guys......................

Could possibly be excessive water pressure, water passing thro' boiler too fast to heat. Ideal water pressure supply for a combi 2-3 bar. Try a presssure reducing valve.

From what I've read on here it sounds like a flow switch is the pressure particularly high? As in does it shoot out of the hot water tap? Because if that was the problem I would imagine that just turning the hot water down to half a gentle flow not trickle would sort it. I would imagine they have tried this so again sounds like flow sensor.

Just my thoughts.

If the boiler fires when the hot tap is on,check any pressures /gas rates. I'm wondering if a mixer is passing somewhere. I put a gate valve on the DHW pipe just out of the boiler and open the hot tap, if there's water then a mixer valve is passing cold water(usually a shower). If there are no mixers / showers then every thing i've just written is 'bolleaux' as they say in France

Sounds like a non return valve in a mixer i.e shower is letting bye to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi boiler.no hot water unless cold tap is running? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock