Discuss Combi Boiler making growling sound in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, so I have an ‘Exclusive’ combi boiler and for a month or two we’ve noticed it’ll sometimes make a rumbling/growling sound when in use. I’ve put a link below to a short video that shows the sound m

From my (limited) research, it seems to point to the gas valve being the problem. Does this seem to be the case? Replacing the gas valve seems pricy, is there anything I can try myself?

Attachments

• IMG_1976.mov
    1.1 MB
Hi guys, so I have an ‘Exclusive’ combi boiler and for a month or two we’ve noticed it’ll sometimes make a rumbling/growling sound when in use. I’ve put a link below to a short video that shows the sound m

From my (limited) research, it seems to point to the gas valve being the problem. Does this seem to be the case? Replacing the gas valve seems pricy, is there anything I can try myself?

Need gas engineer to have a look. Potential easy fix during a service.

Reply to Combi Boiler making growling sound in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, my boiler seems to be making a whistling sound after a while its on, if I tap it firmly it goes away, is this something to do with...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just had a "Main Eco Compact" combi boiler installed as the Biasi one failed. It seems to work fine, gives a hot bath, i dont ever use the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock