Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Boiler - low hot water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a combi bolier fitted and the hot water pressure is abysmal. United Utilities have tested the water supply and confirmed that the pressure is 2.5 bar and the flow rate is 16 litres per minute. If you turn atap on downstairs, flush the toilet or use the washing machine, the flow to the shower stops. It takes 23 seconds to fill alitre container using the hot water tap on the basin and also the same on thebath. Using the cold tap to fill a litre container takes 7 seconds on the basinand 4 seconds on the bath. We have a Main Combi 30 Eco fitted. Is there anything that could be undertaken to improve the flow? Is the combi boiler faulty?

Where did they measure the cold flow rate - kitchen tap ?
There seems to be a fault if its taking 23s for 1 litre of hot.
It could be a few things but just about the only thing you can check on the boiler is the isolation valve on the underside. If you refer to your instructions it will identify the cold inlet valve and also the on / off position. It may be partially closed but im sure someone would have checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you. Members here operate up and down the country and some gas safe emgineer could be local enough to try and help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi Boiler - low hot water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock