Discuss Combi boiler - enough pressure for shower head? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atholl

I have a SIme Halstead Combi30/90 combi boiler. It says it gives hot water at outputs between 8.79kW (30,000 Btu/h) and 26.4kW (90,000 BtU/h)
flowrate seems t be between 8.4 and 10.8 l/min
Min DHW pressure is 0.9 bar,max 7 bar

The combi is on the ground floor, I have a shower on the first floor, and want to know if pressure will be OK to use with an 8 inch static shower head (Aqualisa Aquatique)? Or should I go for a 5 inch?

Thanks

I would never use this type of fitting or mixer on a Combi, whatever size as you are just asking for problems and the result will be unsatisfactory.

You need to look at a low flow rate, possibly "eco" range shower.

I have removed two of this type of shower on combi systems within the last year and replaced for standard lower volume thermostatic mixers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler - enough pressure for shower head? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm in the process of refurbishing my bathroom. I'll be replacing the existing bath with a walk in shower. Will be installing a thermostatic...
Replies
Views
I have recently fitted a thermostatic external mixer shower in my bathroom. The problem is that when it is set to the highest possible temperature...
Replies
Views
E
I have a combi Halstead HE 30 in my loft, the past few days the gravity fed power shower runs between hot and cold The sink hot water taps are ok...
Replies
Views
S
I have recently fitted a thermostatic external mixer shower in my bathroom. The problem is that when it is set to the highest possible temperature...
Replies
Views
Hello - am hoping someone out there can offer some advice... I've been living in a split level 1st & 2nd floor masionette for two months, which...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock