Discuss Cold water tank in the attic overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I noticed on the hot water pipes on the pump where freezing cold. Like a mains water pipe. Not sure if this is a stupid point to make, but I turned off the mains water and the water going into the tank has now stopped. If the coil was split wouldn’t it drain down the F&E?

How many pipes come off the two larger tanks you have a cold feed to the cylinder. Anything else?

Turned mains water back and and immediately started going back up into the tank. I can’t access shower mixer to isolate but assumed isolating the entire feed off the hot water pump would do it.

Sorry I’m getting mixed messages with this does the pump do hot and cold water for the whole house or just for one shower. If all the house is pumped then the fault can only be with your kitchen mixer

Sorry I’m getting mixed messages with this does the pump do hot and cold water for the whole house or just for one shower
Pump does whole house, hence I thought if I used the isolation valves on the pump it would stop any backfilling mains. But either the isolation valves aren’t turning off fully or im barking up the wrong tree. However I can feel the pipes on the pump they are cold as if mains water is flowing through.

Right let’s backtrack as we keep going round in circles here. Any outlet you have that is hot pumped and cold mains could be your culprit and from what you said sounds the only logical explanation

Reply to Cold water tank in the attic overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock