Discuss Cold rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hall rad and kitchen rad back to back stone cold. Upstairs all hot, another 3 downstairs ok. Turned all upstairs rads off still the same two cold. Turned off the good 3 downstairs then boiler goes off.
Turned off cold rad at lockshields x2 and crack the nut, full bowl under and vaguely luke warm. Re-open rads and still sone cold.
Any ideas?

Yep you have a blockage on that leg that feeds the back to back rads which is why the boilet knocks off ss it overjeats cos theres no circulation. If it was air it would have cleared.

Microbore by amy chance? Manifold blocked port?

15mm plastic to copper tails.
Brand new system, new build. Water pressure to the rad is fine.
Possibility of piping wrong? Last rads on the run, pipe two flows/ two returns into the same rad?

Another one, an air source heat pump not working. Flow outside on heat pump gets hot on the flexi connection but the copper pipe atrached to it is cold ie no circulation. I reckon primary flow and return are crossed in a/c. Same site.

The two rads were piped right under the floor but wrong where they joined the rads. One rad had two flows the other two returns.
The heat pump issue was a stuck flow setter.

simular probs on the job ive been on paul. xcrossed pipes etc...... nice to have a warm toilet tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi All, would appreciate some advice on next steps with conservatory rad. Single conservatory rad not heating up at all, neither pipe getting...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back