Discuss cold rads + high pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cava55

Hi all looking for some advice on this bosh Worcester 24 sealed boiler fitted in loft all been ok until builder employed a so called plumber to put another rad in a new room. He put 10 mm pipe hidden in the wall run of a 15 mm pipe feed from a 22mm since this rad was changed t does not get hot fully, all so it takes a long time for the front room rad to get fully hot. The up stairs rads are all so hot that you cant touch them !, the pressure gauge on the boiler has all ways been about 1 bar cold and around 2. 5 bar when working hot water. The gauge when operating heating rises so high it around 3 and some times in the red at 4 bar, we have also see the gauge showing that system needs water when cold could It be air in system or does it need balancing ? any ides great fully received as sacked builder an I m8 !.

U need a new expansion vessel and balancing. Fit an external vessel anywhere u can.

Think I should have said sealed boiler system but open hot water cylinder would that make a difference ? cheers for your help in advance

did you sack everyone before the plumber had a chance to balance your rads?

They had all the time in the world to sort problems 3 weeks in total on just the heating for one rad ! system worked fine till they drained it and re filled it and put new rad in, now its all over the shop.

They had all the time in the world to sort problems 3 weeks in total on just the heating for one rad ! system worked fine till they drained it and re filled it and put new rad in, now its all over the shop.

Is your house above a shop?

No its not a shop normal 3 bed house why do you ask if its a shop ?

Just being silly. When u said rads were all over shop took it literally!

Lol never mind all over the shop they be going out the window soon ! Just gone round system lock shields on wrong way round, no flow on the rad the builders / plumber put in. GREAT !!!!!!!!!!.

Wouldn't worry too much most decent valves are by directional , like some inspectors they go either way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cold rads + high pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock