Search the forum,

Discuss Cold rad with manual valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
good day folks,

First of all forgive the misuse of terms and part naming.. a little knowledge and internet search is to blame.

I gave a bathroom rad which is cold, which has two manual valves... one of which only turns a quarter turn which I suspect is the reason for the cold rad as it the input valve.
The reason why I suspect the valve is I have an identical setup elsewhere and the valve turns through 360 with ease.
So rather than replace the whole fitting can I replace the valve (spindle/lock shield did warn you about terms...)? And if so where can I get one... is it the same as a tap cartridge?

Any help and advise greatly appreciated.

Garry

Sorry to say no you can't just replace the insides to a lockshield valve

If you can post a pic up of the valve and we can tell you which one you need to replace it with

Just in the meantime do you have any hand tools like an adjustable spanner and a hammer ?

Sorry to say no you can't just replace the insides to a lockshield valve

If you can post a pic up of the valve and we can tell you which one you need to replace it with

Just in the meantime do you have any hand tools like an adjustable spanner and a hammer ?

As luck (?) would have it I have the suggested tools, in fact more tools than knowledge!
Hopefully the picture shows enough detail for identification.

Cheers

IMG_0664.JPG

I have had loads of towel rail valve seize like yours and have also snapped a couple. (Using to much force to free it. I would say for the price of a set of new valves drain it down and change them.

If you cant fix the valve with the spanner then take your frustration out on it with the hammer! :D

Sorry, that didnt help at all did it!!!;)

Helpful = Hopefully
Funny = 100%

As I always say if it hits the fan you can either laugh and clean up or quickly stand behind someone just before the fun starts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold rad with manual valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. My hot water feed for my shower is on the left and the cold is on the right. My understanding is that this is correct and this is also stated in the instruction manual for my valve. However when I turn the mixer clockwise cold water is coming out the shower instead of hot water. When...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock