Search the forum,

Discuss coal wrap round 2 pipe boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dom_plumber_ire

ive just had a fone call from a client asking me to move a coal wrap round boiler. i havent looked at it yet, but he wants me to move it back 2 inches so he can get a new fireplace in. He said on the fone theres a 5 inch gap at the back. should it not have been filled in in the first place? is it possible to do if i push it back and repipe it? what problems could arise? any comments would be well appreciated....

They were usually back filled with Rockwool to allow for expansion, possible problem is the age and use the boiler has endured, basically it could leak when you move it.

Also moving it back moves the throat which is an important contributor to the flue draught and you are moving the heat source (grate) back which can effect the heat output to the room.

Allow for two days (3 if you like after you look at it) there can be a lot of making good to the side(s) of the chimney breast.

Personally I would give a written quote with "Under Clients Instruction" in bold print as second hand is never a good idea where boilers are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to coal wrap round 2 pipe boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock